Sunday, December 18, 2011

A little something off topic...

Well was going through some old notebooks i have full of recipes and other miscellaneous things and I came across some things I used to write about way back when early in my career.  I guess it was hard times and a lot of alcohol that gave way to some of the snippets that I jotted down.  MAybe it was the fact that my friends and I were fascinated with the whole spoken word movement and what not... thank you Saul Williams (though this probably dated a little before that).  Anyway here is a little sample.

I call this "The Happy Poem"

Today i smiled as i saw the sky.
I even managed to laugh.
My thoughts were not of death, destruction or suicide,
But of happy things , to the point where my comments were snide.
Today I was happy as i saw the sky,
...
Today I saw you die.

I hope you enjoyed that snippet from the dark side of my mind circa late 90's maybe turn of the century.
I promise that i'll be posting more recipes as soon as the new year hits.  I am changing out all my menus at work.  It's tough to make spring menus that work in the dead of winter... but i'll make it happen.  I'll also make sure to post some pics of the plates I make.  Along with recipes of course.

I'll see you all soon.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment